CanaVac Fish Pumps
Inventive Marine Products has over 20 years of experience in the pumping of live fish. The CanaVac was designed as a live fish transfer pump for all aspects of live fish pumping. CanaVac has evolved to become the leader in all areas of fish pumping from aquaculture to commercial fishing. CanaVac fish pumps can transfer all sizes from smolt to adult fish without damage, scale loss or stress.
The CanaValve: Specially designed valves on the pump prevent any physical damage to the fish. Unlike rigid flapper door valves that are common on other pumps, the CanaValve operates gently, allowing fish to pass effortlessly. CanaValves valves are handmade of soft rubber compounds that are smooth and durable.Get Started Now
Download a Parameter Sheet
Gentle handling: Fish enter the pump in a low rotational flow and settle very gently in the tank as they enter. Fish never come in contact with moving parts like impellors, check valves, or high pressure water streams as in other fish pumps.
Fish always exit the tank head or tail first: The exit trough gently guides fish into proper alignment before exiting the tank. This prevents any bridging of fish causing damage or mortality.
Superior build quality: Every Aqua is physically and visually inspected for any imperfections that may cause damage to a fish. The interior of the tank is inspected and polished to obtain the smoothest possible surface.
Reliable and corrosion resistant: Built with corrosion resistant materials and PVC five-way ball valves that are adjustable and user-serviceable.
Quality assurance: All CanaVac pumps are thoroughly tested prior to shipment assuring our customers of trouble free operation.
- Harvest pump for floating cages
- Ship based harvest systems
- Pumping to fish stunners, counters and graders
- Long distance pumping (i.e., from harvest vessel to processing plant)
- Hatchery applications
- Loading and offloading pump for pelagic seiners
- Off-loading trawlers, draggers and specialized harvest vessels
- Fish passage
- Proven system for the use of fish passage over dams and other riverbed obstructions
- Agri-food pump for cranberry harvesting and conveyor replacement
- Secured and hygienic food handling systems